Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Show Report: Genesys Hospice - Spring 07

The weather people lied to us. It was supposed to be in the mid 70's and sunny all weekend. Instead we got strong, biting cold winds and lots of grey cloud cover with rain. Being located in a small town with that kind of weather can't ever be a good thing for a show. However, on Saturday quite a few people were there shopping at the outdoor show in spite of all the rain. I should have realized rain wouldn't stop people in a farming community. I made booth fee plus a little more that day. Sunday there was no rain after the setup period, but the winds were much colder and stronger. Temps were in the low 40's and that doesn't account for wind chill. Not as many people stopped for the show and no more sales.

I was very impressed with the promoters. This was their first show ever and I felt they did a better job than many promoters who've been doing this for years. I saw signs advertising the show as far as 3 cities away! I think the only real problem with the show was the weather - and the fact that I forgot my camera both days so I can't show you any pics. I will definitely try this show again if they decide to have another.

No comments: