I've created a beaded bead (that's a bead made by weaving smaller beads together) to donate to the Bead Aide auction. I actually made two of these beads. One will be auctioned off as a single bead. The other will be auctioned as part of a strand of beaded beads made by the various artists that donated beaded beads to this cause.
Bidding on this beautiful gemstone beaded bead has ended! The winning bid on the bead was $13.63!
Bead Aide is a fund created to help beaders in need. Items are auctioned off on ebay and all proceeds go into the fund. The most recent recipient was a cancer patient that needed money to start on an experimental treatment because the normal treatments weren't working for her. Unfortuately she passed away before the new treatment was started, so the fund was used for her funeral expenses instead.
The bead I've created is constructed from czech 11/0 purple lined blue beads and citrine aquamarine semi-precious gemstone chips. The base is a peyote tube encrusted with the chip beads. This beaded bead is approximately one inch long. According to the color trend forcasts this bead will be in style from spring/summer of this year all the way through winter and into spring/summer of next year.
If you missed out on the bidding for this beautiful gemstone beaded bead don't worry, I can make more. Just send an email to anne
@kinteraarts.com to tell me you're interested in one.
Stone lore for the two stones in this bead:
- The gemstone Citrine is the official birthstone for the month of November.
- It is also the Planetary stone for the Sun Sign of Virgo.
- Citrine is the accepted gem for the 13th and 17th wedding anniversary.
- Citrine has also been said to ward off poison such as snake bites.
- Citrine is known as the "success stone" because it promotes success, prosperity, and abundance.
- It particularly promotes success in business, earning it's other nickname, "merchant's stone".
- The gemstone Aquamarine is the modern March birthstone.
- It is also the birth stone for the Zodiac sign of Scorpio.
- Aquamarine helps husbands and wives work out their differences to ensure a long and happy marriage, making it a good anniversary gift. Aquamarine is suggested as a gem to give on the 16th and 19th wedding anniversaries.
- Aquamarine is to endow the wearer with foresight, courage, and happiness.
- It is said to increase intelligence and make one youthful.
- As a healing stone, it is said to be effective as a treatment for anxiety.
- Legends say that it is the treasure of mermaids, with the power to keep us safe at sea.