Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Church Keys

Church Key
I've added a new line of beaded church keys to my website, an item I've not seen anywhere else. This is a truly unique item. Church keys are those bottle openers with a triangle shaped end for opening cans and a rounded off end for opening bottles. I saw one of the plain metal ones hanging the the aisle of the grocery store and the idea to bead around the flat center surface of them was born.

I create all my own designs by using a grid on my computer that matches the size of the church keys I use. I fill each grid with colors that match my beads. Once I'm happy with the design I save the file and begin stitching the beads together around the church key. I'm still trying to figure a way to make them magnetic so they can be displayed on a fridge.

No comments: