- Spreadsheet software (or substitute graph paper for above paper)
- Delica beads
- Beading needle
- Small photo album or day planner with rings you can open to insert your pages.
Step By Step Instructions:
- Create a grid using a spreadsheet program like Excel. If you don't have one you can download open office for free. Or, use a piece of graph paper and mark out your lines using the grid on the paper. Email me if you want me to send you a copy of my template. RECYCLING TIP: you can use paper that has already been used on one side. Print your grid on the other side. The backside will not be seen when the book is finished.
- Fold your paper in half from top to bottom (hamburger fold). Cut along that fold.
- Stitch your beads onto each paper. The knots and thread can be all over the back side of the paper, it won't be seen later.
- Fold your paper in half again, keeping the beads on the outside. The side with the thread and knots will end up inside and not seen. You now have a Delica Color Card.
- To make a stronger edge where the binding goes cut strips of tag board. Make the strips twice as wide as you want the finished edge to be. Fold the strip in half lengthwise (hot dog fold) with the writing on the inside. RECYCLING TIP: Use food packaging boxes (like cereal boxes or pasta boxes). You can even use the existing folds in the box as your folds.
- Glue these onto each of your Delica Color Cards. Hold them on with paper clips while they dry.
- If the tag board edge is longer than your Delica Color Card trim it down to size.
- Measure the distance between each ring of your photo album/day planner.
- Use a hole punch to make the holes for each ring based on your measurements. TIP: use a piece of leftover tag board to make a template. Cut the tag board to the length of your book. Mark where the holes should go and punch them. Use this piece as a stencil to mark your Delica Color Cards, that way the holes will always be in the same place on each card, but you only have to measure once.
- Put your Delica Color Cards into your little binder and you have your very own Delica Sample Book!