Friday, May 19, 2006

The Garnet Diva Necklace

I finished up a new necklace last night, just in time to take in for a jury session this weekend. This should show that my jewelry isn't just strung stones like so many others out there and help to get me into the Elf Shelf show this year. Last year I couldn't even get a jury time scheduled because they already had the jewelry category full from return artists that were there the prior year. This should be a good show and lots of fun so I'm really hoping to get in.

Anyhow, the necklace is made using a dutch spiral stitch. It has a base of garnet chips, golden brown and red seed beads and antique gold lined seed bead for the "lacy" part. It tapers into tubular peyote to be more comfortable on the back of the neck when worn. It's a very rich looking necklace that grabs attention. What do you think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice colors,good job!